Posted inNo comments
January 23, 2008 By Jothis Rajan
50 Interesting Real Facts
· Plastics take 500 years to break down.
· The total surface area of the Earth is 197 million square miles.
· Crocodile only animal & reptile that sheds tear while eating.
· The world’s deadliest recorded earthquake occurred in 1557 in central
, more than 830,000 people were killed. China
· Angel Falls in Venezuela is the worlds highest waterfall, The water of Falls drops 3,212 feet (979 meters).
· The sunrays reached at the earth in 8 minutes & 3 seconds.
· 180 million nos. of Valentine’s Day cards exchanged annually, making Valentine’s Day the second-most popular greeting-card-giving occasion.
· 4% people drink cold drink daily.
· Traffic lights are being used before the invention of motor car.
· A normal person laughs five times in a day.
· Approximate 300 million film tickets are sold every year in
· A man says average 4850 words in 24 hours.
· Ketchup was sold in the 1830's as a medicine.
· Leonardo da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
· Bruce Lee was so fast that they actually had to slow a film down so you could see his moves.
· The original name for the butterfly was "flutterby"!
· By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.
· Mosquito repellents don't repel. They hide you. The spray blocks the mosquito's sensors so they don't know you're there.
· The first product to have a bar code was Wrigley's gum.
· The three most valuable brand names on earth: Marlboro, Coca-Cola, and Budweiser
· The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
· The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat.
· A cockroach can live for 10 days without a head.
· Brains are more active sleeping than watching TV.
· There are more chickens than people in the world.
· The first owner of the Marlboro cigarette Company died of lung cancer.
· Intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair.
· The world's youngest parents were 8 and 9 and lived in
in 1910. China
· Our eyes remain the same size from birth onward, but our noses and ears Never stop growing.
· The Mona Lisa has no eyebrows.
· Men can read smaller print than women, but women can hear better.
· The most common name in the world is Mohammed.
· TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
· You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.
· 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321
· Question - This is the only food that doesn't spoil. What is this? Ans. - Honey
· A snail can sleep for three years.
· All polar bears are left handed.
· American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.
· Butterflies taste with their feet.
· Elephants are the only mammal that can't jump.
· In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
· On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.
· Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination' and 'bump'
· Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.
· The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.
· The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
· It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.
· According to Genesis 1:20-22, the chicken came before the egg.
· Beards are the fastest growing hairs on the human body.